Nics JZS131 Crown

NicT

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was waiting for this comment. Car is grandad spec bar the wheels and alarm.

I have a set of factory alloys im throwing on it and the 18's will go on the crown. I will just roll the JZX factory for the year until i finish studying. Then manual, adjusties, diff, skids (proberly all happen a lot sooner but you cant tell my wife)

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Information i keep forgetting to write down and google but never find.

Toyota Crown xS131

Hub Centre size (centre bore of wheel): 67.1mm

Stud Patter: 5x114.3

Factory wheels: 15x6

Offset: 0mm

Toyota Chaser jzx90

Hub Centre (centre bore of wheel): 60.1mm

Stud Pattern: 5x114.3

Factory Wheels: 16x6

Offset: +25mm

• 1 month later...

The Mighty 1jz in the crown took an arrow to the knee and blew its head gasket after the radiator developed a crack and roasted itself with my wife at the helm. She did her best to baby it to a petrol station but shes too far gone now.

Trying to decide what to do next, as i need to fix it promptly (needs to be fixed in weeks not months)

Anyone got a NA 1jz kicking around?

Makes me fear for my 1G, so was it just water starvation that killed it?

Just check your radiator. It had overheated 4 weeks ago and the thermostat had jammed shut. The radiator has plastic tanks and i think that overheating caused it to crack/degrade. The radiator was factory/original too so it was pretty old (old enough to be a stripper). There was only 100 - 150ml of water missing from the rad when we checked so the pressure loss must have caused it to get hot real fast when it finally let go, as it only drips out of a tiny little hairline crack.

However now when u fire it up the water foams like crazy and it has a serious misfire. Stangely like the awesomeness of toyota it is not down on any power, reminds me of the 1ggze i pulled from the last crown i had. That had a BHG and it still drove like a cut cat and did wicked doughnuts. When i finally pulled the head number 5 - 6 were full of water. Im suprised it never hydroliced.

I wouldnt fear that much for your 1G

• Like 1

Guest Hachi-ichi

I've had overheating issues before so thats the only reason I ask. Hearing this all I can really do is just go New radiator and it'll be sweet.

• 2 months later...

So now my Chaser has shat out. Turns out in heavy rain the spark plug valley fills with rain water and causes it to missfire. Its been going on so long my spark plugs are stuffed, leads are stuffed, the big monster allen head grub screws that go into the head are stuffed. When i went to check the plugs there was 3 inchs of water right up to the rocker covers. Just blew my mind.

So it has prompted me to fix the car out of the pair that is the cheapest to get back on the road.

So the crown is in bits and i am doing a JZX90 radiator conversion (suprise suprise) to get it back on the road for the least amount of cash as possible. Also future proofs it incase i have radiator issues later on. Makes me sad tho i have to take to it with an angle grinder and welder to swap over the mount positions but it needs to be done.

Will get some pics of it torn all through my garage tomorrow.

Oh no,spat of bad luck there man!

Such sweet whips to,

Recently-ish bought a GS131 that's GZE, and been converted to manual

Yours has the same bumpers as mine, a friend bought a ms131 that has longer, more prominent bumpers,

funny little covers over the fogs, and is a royal saloon 'G' spec.

My dads JZS147 Crizz Majesta ( was my influence & only $2600 w/ 160kms)

Filled up with crap in the valley too, (after he cleaned it...)

Was a cunt to clean it all out without taking the inlet pipe off (probably should've)

but it ran sweet after, really need to do plugs and gaskets on it.

Had a mix of Bosch and NGK in it lol.

Those big allens hold the plastic covers on you mean?

They're a bit of a pain right.

Those big aliens hold the plastic covers on you mean?

I wish man, 

1001228o.jpg

I know its a 4age, but you see the giant aluminium screws in the head in the middle of the valley. On the 1jz these are steel, and mine are fucked.

Turns out the Crown has a blown head gasket, so epic radiator conversion was a failure.

Oh no,spat of bad luck there man!

Such sweet whips to,

Recently-ish bought a GS131 that's GZE, and been converted to manual

Awesome man, the 1ggze's go hard, but parts for them are a nightmare. I bought the last waterpump and headgasket for one in the country 2 years ago through BNT, who knows where you can get one from now?

Did you buy it from Palmy? How much did u end up paying for it if you dont mind me asking? I saw him advertising it for $11k at one stage.

So popped between cylinders? could be a good thing if it didn't get overly hot, might be able to get away with just chucking a gasket at it (if the heads still flat)

Yea, will rip it apart tomorrow and have a look see. The crazy thing is it still drives amazingly. I took it for a burn before i raided parts off it to fix the chaser and i just cant see how it runs so good.

Awesome man, the 1ggze's go hard, but parts for them are a nightmare. I bought the last waterpump and headgasket for one in the country 2 years ago through BNT, who knows where you can get one from now?

Did you buy it from Palmy? How much did u end up paying for it if you dont mind me asking? I saw him advertising it for $11k at one stage.

My friend works at the Toyota NZ dist centre, which incidentally is here in Palmerston, god knows why,

So he can get me stuff at pretty good prices.

But I kind of hate asking too much of him (I feel rather rude, use to get serivce items for my old 09 KDH200 Hiace from him and the MarkII) but he actually text me the other day asking if I needed anything! which was lol.

My old twincam24 GX61 MarkII's 1GGEU got a wicked birthday courtesy of him, so if I need anything for the 1GGZE, hopefully he can help.

The valve cover gaskets on the GGEU were like $112 each retail if I remember correctly, am I'm sure he got me them both for like $12 or 20! :-)

Yea that one from Palmy, I know he wanted heaps for it right!

I was thinking he was dreaming for so long, but wanted it so bad to put on the BBS RS's I got from Kelvin, I reckons the colours will work well together. :-)

I paid 4,500 for it, which I still thought was heaps, wanted it before he wasted coin converting it to manual and made it loud, for a good price but alas...

Thought it would make a cool roller on the floor but now it's manual and has an exhaust, it's kind of performancey, but oh we'll, may change exhaust at some stage or just belt it around as is.

I remember seeing 131's go for like a grand years ago, it's bull people hike the prices of shit up so much

these days.

Any tips on lowering (a lot..) them?

Mines nearly touching the front bump stops as is, and there doesn't look like there is a hell of a lot of spring travel to play with In the front (mines slightly lowered already)

Do you know any other model/makes of coils that will work?

(I see they're pretty thick and heavy duty, like falcon or commonwhore or something?)

want to have it on the floor...

This NEEDS to be on the floor, only place for a car like this. 

Also J Cal, ^ im super jealous of the cheap 1G parts ~

Which car the crown or the Chaser, both could use more low. Crown could use more go go haha.

"Any tips on lowering (a lot..) them?

Mines nearly touching the front bump stops as is, and there doesn't look like there is a hell of a lot of spring travel to play with In the front (mines slightly lowered already)

Do you know any other model/makes of coils that will work?

(I see they're pretty thick and heavy duty, like falcon or commonwhore or something?)

want to have it on the floor..."

Front bump stops can pretty much be cut in half giving you another inch and a half of low. Springs in mine are kings, they could do with a trim tho.

They have a lot more shock travel then ud expect because it all tucks up under the chassis. 

You bought a sweet whip man. The 1ggze's go amazingly hard. The one i V8'ed had a 1GGZE with a BHG in it and that went so hard it was rediculious. To be honest, the 1jz in this crown goes hard too but its apparently only running on 5 cylinders so it must be something in the Crown blood that does it.