What cars at PaP have external electric carb fuel pumps?

slacker.cam

I need some help trying to find an electric fuel pump for my Fronte. I'm tempted to just go and buy a FuelFlow branded pump from Partmaster like Tara did but I'm trying to keep the expenditure on this project as low as possible.

So what I'm looking for is a common car that one would find at PickAPart with an external (ie. not in the tank) electric fuel pump suitable for a Mikuni Solex carb. From what I read it needs to be a pretty low pressure pump; around 1-2psi but I'm not really sure. Carbs are pretty much a missing piece in my knowledge. This thing only makes 29hp so even the smallest of pumps will be fine.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Subaru leone run a low press elec fuel pump. Unsure if it is that low though. Ask waimaks etc.

about a 3psi cutoff on the Subaru pumps. Plenty of flow for what you want and nice to mount.

Ive got a spare in my shed and waimaks has 10 or 20 spare im sure.

KK you got Richie one of these? That's my second option if i can't find one at pick a part where they're only $21 :) Normally I'm not such a tight bastard but it just doesn't seem right spending $100 on a pump for a car that only cost me $400 haha.

Is it just the Leone's that have the low pressure pump or do other older Subarus have them too? If so, what models? I'll try and get out there today and have looksie.

KK you got Richie one of these? That's my second option if i can't find one at pick a part where they're only $21 :) Normally I'm not such a tight bastard but it just doesn't seem right spending $100 on a pump for a car that only cost me $400 haha.

Is it just the Leone's that have the low pressure pump or do other older Subarus have them too? If so, what models? I'll try and get out there today and have looksie.

Your best bet is in a brumby. Any pre-1986 wagon/sedan/coupe will have the same pump. Anything post 1986 is going to have a fuel injected EA82 in it.

If you dont have any luck. Your welcome to my one for $20 + $5 for the courier.

KK the pump I linked to was from the same company but it was a piston pump instead of a diaphragm pump like that one. From the Fuel Flow website I wasn't really able to determine what would lead you to want one as opposed to the other...

Anyway, thanks keltik. I went and had a look at pickapart and found a Subaru Ace with an electric pump stashed underneath. From the photos that I can find on the internet it's not the same as the Brumby ones but it should still suit me just fine.

Cheers guys.