Toyota coil overs questions

ta63-1uzze

Ok just after some advice about building coil overs. I have looked at the how to thread and I have a question.

I have ta63 front suspension . I have finished cleaning and painting up the brakes and now I am ready to modify the tubes and add sleeve and nuts.

My question is do you need to cut out the 40 mm just so you can run with the short stroke shock absorbers? I ask this because the standard length shock I have in the tube already is a 4 way adjustable shock and I wouldn't mind keeping them if I can. But if you cut the 40mm out of the tube because the tube will be to long then I will buy shocks and keep to the original design as in the build thread.

Yeah pretty much what Billy said

You can possibly run without cutting them for sure.

However you simply wont be able to go as low.

Other than that there is no reason you can just run factory length with the shocks you have.

awesome, i am going to use the honda springs as in Roman's thread. these shocks look good and would be nice to be able to adjust the shock. i will strip them down and see if there is a spacer below . see how much i can cut out of the tube.

i plan on not going below 100mm as i will be getting wof and cert etc..

i plan on not going below 100mm as i will be getting wof and cert etc..

You can go below 100mm with cert.

Yeah I had a carina that is certified for below 100. I sold that to fund this build. But this time I want a car that I Dont have trouble getting over speed bumps and drive ways etc. Also being 100 helps to stop getting pulled over every time to check that the car has springs . This was a huge problem with my old car. Always being bullied by the police even though the car was certified warrant and rego