mr2 20valve issues NOW MOSTLY FIXED

BlownCorona

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you need to get your meter and figure it out dude, sounds like the ECU isnt doing much, theres no power at the factory starter circuit and the coil doesnt have 12v. Go back to the basics, check the correct pins on the ECU are getting +12V, check the injectors have +12V etc then work your way back to the problem

something new thats happening now that the ecu has power is that when i press in the air flow sensors flap i can hear what sounds like a fuel pump pumping along the fuel rail, just a buzzing sound

Edit:i also found why it seems to not crank with the key, the wire out of the igniton barrel that supplies 12 when turned, does not have a corrosponding wire on the other side of the connector plug, and looks to have never had one....? unless someone pulled the copper bit out for some reason. but i should be able to re run this wire. but im having a bit of trouble find exactly where it should be run to. im assuming it will be some point on the starter relay?

IT FUCKING RUNS!

thanks to all that helped.

after a few nights of research and getting my head around how the engine is wired (ive never really dealt with car any wiring at all) i was able to develop a table of essential systems that the engine needed and what the wires looked like and how they should behave.

This morning i quickly found that the 3 ECU power points were not getting 12v and neither was the ignitor and therefore the coil. so i quickly wires these points up to 12v and shes fires and ran smoothly first go, didnt idle, but this could be due to it sitting for a while or a sensor not working etc.. nothing i cant handle.

im now off to properly wire up my repairs and plumb up the coolant system to i can get back on track with getting it driving!!

Again thanks for everyones help and patience.

Should really find out why it wasnt getting power dude, jumping 12v to it shouldnt be a permanabt fix. Some of the +12V feeds could be switched by the AFM flap, it is normal for it to switch the fuel pump (so it only goes while the engine is cranking).

Idle issue could be due to no power to the Idle control valve/stepper motor check this out

Should really find out why it wasnt getting power dude, jumping 12v to it shouldnt be a permanabt fix. Some of the +12V feeds could be switched by the AFM flap, it is normal for it to switch the fuel pump (so it only goes while the engine is cranking).

Idle issue could be due to no power to the Idle control valve/stepper motor check this out

Oh yeah ill be properly sorting it out, jumping 12v is simply to test theorys. its also idling well now after about 5 mins of running. revs freely. so ill properly sort the wireing out and shell be away.