b1600v8s '76 Holden Statesman DeVille

b1600v8

Thanks. Yeah this one's going to be original. I had an HQ premier with 350 in it a few years ago, dedicated LPG, was real cheap to run. I haven't removed the tank in statesman which I know is still good. It really was a half arse install though. If it ever goes back on it will be as tidy as possible. The LPG cert/parts were taken off a Valiant and just had the Holdens number plate stamped over top of it too!

Thanks. One thing I will be doing is putting a louder dual exhaust on it. Has a new exhaust but way to quiet for a v8.

Pretty sure I've seen your Torana at Ruapuna drags a couple times?

Does any one know if you can buy replacement vinyl roof kits for these? Some numb nuts has lifted it on one side and glued it back down with silicon! Looked like rust under vinyl but was just big ugly silicon beads. Cleaned it off but roof would let it down a bit once painted nice.

Thanks. One thing I will be doing is putting a louder dual exhaust on it. Has a new exhaust but way to quiet for a v8.

Pretty sure I've seen your Torana at Ruapuna drags a couple times?

Does any one know if you can buy replacement vinyl roof kits for these? Some numb nuts has lifted it on one side and glued it back down with silicon! Looked like rust under vinyl but was just big ugly silicon beads. Cleaned it off but roof would let it down a bit once painted nice.

I hope you muffle the sound to make it sound nice and healthy and not just another loud V8. I really like the look of this model more than any other.

Yea that would be my Torry, Rust under the vinyl would be common I would think, depends how bad it is as almost any roof with vinyl from the 80's back probably has surface rust but it would need to be bad to cause concern.