EFI gurus- opinions please

cletus

thinking about putting EFI on valiant for better economy/drivability etc......

have found this

http://www.pro-jay.com/8-INJECTOR-X-80m ... TBA-80.htm

I like the idea of bolting this on in place of the carb, keeps the fuel rails etc in one area. Only things that bug me are injectors being that far up the manifold (although is no different to carb being up there), and possibly fuel distribution issues from having air not having space to ''straighten out'' and blowing the fuel from the injectors unevenly

other option would be something like this

http://www.pro-jay.com/8-INJECTOR-1360- ... B-1360.htm

but they are quite a bit more $$

or weld in injector bungs in manifold and just run a throttle body off top of manifold. would rather avoid that though.

that first one is probably better simpler/nicer in my mind anyway. Yeah its not ideal to have the injection that far away, and you wont gain quite as much fuel economy/drivability maybe, but should still be quite an improvement over the carb setup. on the plus side the carb manifold is designed for wet flow as you say, so its less of a deal as far as the fuel making its way to the cylinders.

I think the air flow will be ok - have seen plenty of similar setups around and haven't ever read anythign saying its a major issue. If you are still concerned just fit as tall a spacer between the manifold and the injection as you can and still be able to close the bonnet.

Ah gutted I hadnt seen your thread before, thats a tidy little setup!

Lucky I asked because I was going to suggest some of the 4 barrel look alike throttle bodies to keep that OS look, but yea that goes out the window with a turbo in the engine bay!

That top setup is sweet, injectors up in the manifold is no biggie, what will you be using to control it? There are pros/cons both ways but injectors further up the inlet will improve atomisation at high air speeds

I want to go for a ride in this thing now haha