Compensating for mech/vac advance when going to Link etc

0R10N

Cam, nothing stellar, to be fair. Like I said, the tune was originally hitting a brick wall above 4000rpm. with the new turbo it seems to be hitting a brick wall everywhere, doesn't matter what revs I'm doing.

Todd may be right, different turbo = different load points, time for a retune.

I now have a laptop with PCLink and can borrow the cables and other gear from Stephen, maybe I'll give it a crack myself?

other thing that i keep thinking when reading this is that your actuator, either has no pre-tension on the flap, or it is installed on a odd angle and is sticking

i put a new turbo on the race car and went for a tune last week, was not overly impressed with the results, and getting the boost to go up on the dyno was hard work, and had us running around in circles, then when the car cooled down i could hear wastegate flap vibrating at idle, (once upto temp would go away) but throttle response was shit and wouldn't hit the gate pressure until late...

a 2-3mm washer to space out the actuator and its now fine, boosts like a champ

unfortunately you can't space your actuator with washers cause its mounted on other side of turbo, however if you can get a crow-bar in there you may be able to bend the actuator mount a few mm??

just with how you can't control the boost seems like the same issue i had, and would do unexplained stuff, (would still free-boost if you pulled the line)

something to consider