1jzgte miss fire

FLAWLES

need some help here chaps this has me baffeled ( not hard to do )

under load/boost the vvti 1jzgte sounds like its dropped a plug and makes subaru sounds and simply wont rev

i have changed plugs and gapped them to the correct spec's, in this case 0.8, and changed coils to my spare brand new items and changed leads not that long ago,

also just to note the first lot of plugs i pulled out where all fine except for number 3 and 6 cylinder they where gammed up with a little bit of oil, new plugs have been in for a week and i pulled them out last night to check them and all are fine

under normal driving conditions it runs fine, only when boost sneaks into the engine things play up, from about 4tho k rpm when you really stomp on the go pedaL

i have had an issue with coolant dissapearing slowly over time and i am wondering if a blown head gasket is the cause?

fyi

yes they are the right heat range of plug

i have had an issue with coolant dissapearing slowly over time and i am wondering if a blown head gasket is the cause?

Possible, but I really doubt it, weve given these things the biggest beatings imaginable 120deg + still drifting etc and never once had a headgasket problem.

Do a compression test too, should be up around 175-180psi even.

And check fuel filter if you havnt.

With 1JZ, the right range heat plug is the wrong one!

BKR7E gapped to 27 thou will sort you out.

Might not be All of your probs, but will definately help.

im running hks 35-I plugs which are the same as BKR7E-11 ( i have had them for ages trust me i wouldnt spend $30 on a freaking plug ) was running the ngk plugs for a while but then this issue poped up so changed back to the hks plugs

am running gull force 10 fuel, so i am also wondering if thats the issue?

27tho whats that in mm? 0.6??? christ i thought i was pushing it at 0.8

.8 is a pretty big gap, its probably not the issue but going down to .7 as suggested wont hurt anyone

Also fuck running ethanol in anything its terrible stuff really, go get some BP 98

cheers diddy

only get it as its rather handy to me,

in saying that on bp 98 it does the same thing

will whip plugs out and bring the down to .7

You running aftermarket turbo or anything? whats the rest of your setup?

oem ct15b just been hiflowed to fuckery, tbh theres not mush left of it thats factory, dump pipe and 3" ehaust and front mount, rather basic nothing extream

Did you ever dyno it? not maxing the air flow meter?

yea i did

and it was wayyyyy down on power only jamming out 198rwkw @ 10psi

edit

before dump pipe and bigger exhuast went on too

dont beleave it was maxing the afm out, but to be honest im not 100% sure, the a/f ratios where super sweet ( read rather rich ) all the way through the rev range )

dynoed it maybe two yrs ago now