OverFueling? Fuel not atomising?

BAR118

Coil, points, dizzy, plugs have done a total of 1700km so far, so all is new. Points are set correctly. It would be good to get it going cos I need to take the Jeep off the road for a bit to do c.v'z and the mrs isnt all too keen on walking (and neither am I).

I am getting strong spark on all plugs. It was running absolutly perfect before I had all the sludge run through my lines. When I started building the car up there was no coil, engine, subframes etc. It's running a non ballasted ignition system.

Just read this thread start to finish. you need to start again and go through the basics, remove plugs and dry engine out thoroughly, make sure the float does that- float. Often overlooked and would cause your said faults, you say you have cleaned your fuel system out with meths? You 100% sure you got it all out the system? Checked for water in the fuel? Set timing static by turning dizzy till points just open, check firing order by removing rocker cover and making sure it is timed to no1 on firing stroke, ie the inlet valve on 1 has just closed, check valve clearances whilst there and firing order of leads. Make sure needle is firmly seated and wind jet down to 1mm below the bridge to begin with. Pre warm plugs on gas cooker or with blowtorch and bang- if it doesn't go i'll eat my own poo.

I'm not at home atm, but I told the mrs to put some fresh gas in and crank it lastnight as she's at home, and still got no splutter or anything. I have tried pouring a little bit of fuel in the carb and cranking and still got nothing.

Yeah I do have decent spark, I do know my timings not set perfectly but it's within 2-3 degrees of where it was when it was running.

O well I'll be home tommorrow and I have no work so I'll investigate some more when I get back.

Fuckin a! Car is running, thanks to Mark (goindf), GC at least owe him a box next time . Main fault did turn out to be shoddy spark, it had spark but plugs were getting fouled to the days. Just took it out for drive up n down the col-de-sac still doesn't like load but she drives!!!