places in hamilton for panel steel

hi guys, just wondering some good places to buy some panel steel in hamilton, i want to repair some panels but some 1mm zinc coated panel steel... also is that the right kind of panel steel to use?? thats the kind of stuff panel beaters and car restorers use right?

can try them, they will sell you a full sheet though, 2400x1200 usually.

yes it is 1mm zinc coated you want but they usually call it "EG" or electrogalv. so just roll in and ask for a 1mm EG sheet. is what i use on my cars.

ok thanks, oh yep sweet as... wont the electrogalv still be quite shit to weld or is it just that light coating of it you gota take off

EG is not the same as hot dip galv as you say it is a very thin coating (a heavy scratch will go right through it). a quick tickle with a flap disc in a grinder will have it ready for welding.

If you still need some on tuesday the 25th I'll be headed trough should be a few pieces lying about at work I could drop off, That if you only need smaller bits I not keen on taking large pieces. Boss could see that as theft.