PTO hydraulics

Jase

Right I'm putting a tip deck on the ute,

keen to run belt driven pto (electric clutch) in the factory power steering position of the v6,

a valve bank down the back of the ute and a pto winch under the rear of the tray (recovery) stz,

does any one know of a calculation to find pump size,needs to run a hoist (1000kg max load)

and a pto winch at separate time (1000 max pull).

or just buy a pto safari winch and slam it together and add revs if it don't go up?

belt drive will give you ages of problems. if anything you'll wanna run a pto gearbox and a pto driven pump off that, alternatively a flexi coupling off the bottom pulley and have the pump in front of the crank.

wont help you for a winch, but a 12v powerpack that'll run a tail lift will run a small hoist. that and a small displacement ram will get your tipper sorted. for winch it's perhaps best to stick to electric for reliablility

yeah i thought about a powerpack but i was hoping to run on one system alone,

have access to a forklift to wreck it has dual rams for lift with dual rams for tilt,

also has a belt driven pump and the valve bank i'd need,

will mean its it will have power up / free down ,

just interested to see if a winch will run off the tilt rams supply (power in freespool out),

pump runs twin v belts at present but would use factory v6 serpentine and a sc14 pulley clutch etc.

had a look at a old rodeo with a factory tipper the other day (same as this mitsi) http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-ca ... 063843.htm

couldn't tell it was a tipper ie deck at the right height and it had a powerpack running it.

why dont you run a electirc actuator arm,

one be less fucking around

two you can lift a fuck load with them, ( use them on the kioti mechrons i sell )

three there small so you can tuck them away

four, a hyd pump system will be alot of fucking around with both pipes and valves, with limited room, as normal rull of thumb is the smaller the pump the dearer it is

the other fact your not taking into thought is engine rpm will kill the hyd pump if driving off the engine unless you use a gear reduction box and there is more mula

my idea is tops

pump size will only affect the speed of operation. pressure is set on the valve bank. you want a open spool bank so

your not loading the pump when your not running when you stop tipping ect.

smaller pumps will be less prone to slipping the belt. but 2 belts shud be sweet.

if you go electric pump use a quality one or it will just be shit.

if you buy a pump check its one you can swap direction or that its the correct rotation for the way you are mounting it.

under body hoists are usually a linkage system not just a ram

a pump will run happily at 1400 rpm.

particularly would like twin under deck rams (looks and works tits/less twisting of the deck)

so that i can have it either side of the driveline and retain correct deck height and still retain mild slam,

have also acquired my old mans single axle transporter (hence winch),

next question will inertia continue to spin a pump even when say the sc14 clutch is disengaged

for driving.