hj holden 3.8 v6?

shizzl

i doubt that vn brakes would be bolt on would they? ;p

i should chuck the vn diff in too..but im not after a big mission..

just something fairly simple.

my v6 turned up today.... will be a mean v6 carby motor..will put a 4 barrel on it..

get the loom and ecu modded if i can find someone to do it..

how cunty is the injection/ecu to wire up??

You could do what I did when I threw an Injected motor in my LC.

I went to the library and photocopied the wiring diagram.

Then I removed all wires I didnt need and labeled all the others as much as I could

I then connected them all up and found only had a couple to sort out which I went to an auto-sparky shop and they told me how to do them. One at a time and before you know it its done :)

The main difference with brakes is the vented discs need a bit more clearance but all the older holdens use the same wheel bearings so no problems with stub axles. Easy enough to pull the H off to try the V.

runs off ignition-(vl fuel pump will do),

gauges etc can use manual or electronic speedo,

pulse wire from the computer should fire an aftermarket tacho,

just get the diagram and nut it out from there.

I'll be spending the coin and buying some nice period gauges and trying to use my original speed with a different drive gear in the box.

you also need to run a new fuel line as injection needs a return line, I used the original line to feed the injection then used low pressure return line. Also check after installation as you will most likely find you only have 9volts at the coil which will reduce to 7 with revs, this is easy enough to run a new feed via the key. Also by using a small fuse box it may save you from a rewire job if there is a short anywhere.