compressor help in nelson

avengertiger

alright lads

bought a cheap compressor on trade me with a few issues,needs a new pressure switch no prob one on the way but it was also missing a pipe/connector at the head it looks to me like a filter maybe for the air in but im not sure and new to the locality so not sure were to go!!!

anyway pics always help first its the hole without the elbow bend.

040.jpg

i am presuming the small copper pipe goes to the new pressure switch

041.jpg

is the bigger pipe that goes back to the head the feed to the tank and the small copper pipe the unloader pipe/valve or the other ways round??

its a cobra mac 2540 prob a p.o.s but itll do me for the mo....

any help will be rewarded with many thanks and virtual beer (ie nothing much but appreciated all the same)

also what oil do they take normal 10w 40 engine oil do or is some thing lighter needed

cheers peoples :wink:

the big pipe on the head feeds the tank, the other side should have had a little plastic filter (mine had smashed off too) and the small pipe feeds the unloader.

How much and where did you get the pressure switch from?? i broke mine and couldn't find a decent priced replacement..

thanks guys after searching the net couldnt find any joy so went to mitre ten and had a look at theirs and saw it was just a sponge filter for intake so got a replacement in a local spot,as for the new pressure switch same deal couldnt find one online and searched ebay uk they are here and will post for £11

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

im sure they can be got here fecked if i could find them though so for 40 bucks it arrived at my door yesterday 6 days prob around the same price here if they can be found.

also super cheap do screw in filters were i was missing mine for something like 10 dollars.

Go to a compressor place or powertool repair centre next time? I sell those switches at work and have them in stock all the time, as well as the filters.

Make sure you switch the compressor off from the switch on top (red button) NOT just the wall switch. This is what would have killed the pressure switch to start with.