Datsun power overload now no lights...

Rusted

Change fuse, then get a boe to switch on lights, while you check voltage at a headlight plug. If your meter shows a brazillian vots, then you know that your voltage regulator is coozed. Current alone shouldn't smoke you bulbs. It'd need to be a voltage spike. Checking with a meter is gonna be cheaper than buying new bulbs only to have them die also.

Datsun wiring is easier than getting drunk at a BBQ. So it wont be anything too hard to fix. Do the test with motor off and on. see what the voltage be doing with and without your charge system helping.

Fuck history repeats.. I had same issue with 180B back in the oldschool, melted fusebox was result. wiring loom had been rubbing at the bulkhead and a relay had stuck (voltage regulator?) from memory. Blew my headlamp bulbs as well. I say follow your nose to the melted wires..

has anyone yanked the stereo out recently? probably some wiring atrocities behind dash