twosmoke

The exhaust port is just curved (towards the camera) and they haven't taken the cross section through the centre.

The intake is nice, but doing any port work would surely be a nightmare, so you'd better hope that they are big enough. Maybe the VE would be the best starting point for high power NA tuning, but the DE is easier to get good numbers from around 220hp at the engine.

Really nice looking short side radius on that cross section!

Seen some really horrible ones haha.

I'm liking the long ports, gives people less chance to ruin the intake with shitty manifold design close to the head, ahaha.

Saw a VE powered Primera a few years back at a torque performance dyno day.

Had revised intake, ECU, reground cams, exhaust.

Made the same power atw as my near standard beams engine, at a much higher rpm with a fair whack less torque through the range. I was a bit dissapointed, I thought they were a bit gruntier.

But all comes down to how well the mods were done perhaps.

Gtir ITBs are horrendously bad. The runner shape on them does a massive s as well as change centers. 4age ITBs would be worth the extra hassle of mounting them over GTiR ones. Plus Gtir dont bolt on/plenum points wrong way etc anyway.

I reckon your one the right track though. Use factory parts, keep it simple and cheap. And you'll make a decent amount of torque and power for very little money. sr16ve pistons in DE are 12:1, i've seen a couple second hand sets go on trademe lately for sub $200. they have a nice large crown on them so could easily be machined down slightly for 11-11.5 if you wanted.

@ spencer. VE ports are 56mm x 34mm. with a 34mm inlet. Rather large

yeah the opel head looks pretty sweet.

VE's and SR's in general have a fucking disgusting exhaust ports. Like real bad. the SSR is so sharp it actually creates a vacuum across the port floor just after the ssr which is why so much of there power is made in exhaust manifolds. keen to cut a ve head up and see how much room there is to raise the exhaust port.

mikuni. Don't expect a build thread on my VE anytime soon, I still got to finish building the car first and due to a rather substantial change in circumstances thats going to slow down too.

Then after that I want to build a flow bench before I start building the motor. The good new is I have most the parts I need for it already so once flow bench is built and head work done I just need a gasket set and smash the thing back together!

But probably not going to start it in 2011 at guess unfortunately!

twosmoke. make sure you put up build thread/results

i'm running standard s14 motor with extractors and air filter until I can get my VE built so keen to see how you go!