Hunted's Avenger

Beaver

so pulled the rear end to bits to inspect all the bushes and shit. didnt find anything majorly fucked but have some new bushes on the way anyway. rear d/shaft UJ was farily graunchy so orderd a new one of those as well.

then I decided it would be rude not to see how it sits while the springs were out.......

P1030032.jpg

then I realised I hadnt put the d/shaft back in and the gearbox was doing wees all over the floor....woops. can I just top it up/fill it up through the shifter hole? or will I have to get intimate and fill it from the underside?

discussion viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25248

long story short, got upgraded from some shitty hankooks to some lush toyo proxes for only 10buks extra, ended up at $123 a pop fitted and balanced. so chucked them on this morning. needs a bit more low, bout 40mm or so. cut front bumps in half and theres f all travel left so that could be interesting....back will be easy, plenty of room and plenty of bump stop to cut off. also painted rocker cover.

current sits liek this, has no oil in the gbox due to me being a muppet

P1030043.jpg

P1030040.jpg

P1030039.jpg

P1030038.jpg

P1030037.jpg

rear tyres rubbed when I had no springs in my only just, so a bit of lip vs hammer action will solve that.

• 3 weeks later...

quick update, not ont he car though haha, went to the tip shop today and got a table and some shelves for 15 buks. tidied up the garage and now have space! can even get the middys car in there.

Photo0026.jpg

Photo0024.jpg

on the car front, still having carb issues, should be sorted for ats. it drives, just misses and coughs at times so il be there regardless.

• 3 weeks later...

Right, have digged deeper into the misfire I was getting. slapped on another carb, got it running, still random misfire. Upon further prodding, Joe/goat/flange and myself foudn that the number 3 cylinder wasnt firing at idle but seemed to fire once the engine was doing a few revs. so we figured the mis was this cylinder dropping out/firing out the carb (it sounds like tis coming out the carb). new plugs, different leads, different cap, didnt make any difference.

so tonights job is to check compression (assuming repco has a cheap one when I go there at lunch), check the tappets, and see if that helps. we figured its likely the inlet valve is fucked.

if that doesnt fix it, then the 1600 will be getting fast tracked into the engine bay.