Gear Reduction Staters, Whats there to know

Seedy Al

Hey Chaps, so i am currently In a situation where it looks like my starter motor is just in the way of where i want my steering rack to go,

So am thinking of trying a univseral gear reduction starter motor. Whats the deal with them? I assume they come with different options for teeth numbers on the pinion gear, as one the same as mine would be nice.

And then i assume I would have to have an adapter made to suit my gear box mounting and offset etc?

Are there any brands i should keep away from? I think there are a few these days that are made in China, are they ok?

thanks in Advance

Allan

i have bought two roadrunner starters now and they have been plenty helpful to the point of asking the exact distance i'd like the starter to sit from the block etc for my tight situations,

they're based in tauranga and there starters make lovely noises,

been $300 each but will machine the mounting block to suit your needs

hmmm this could help me in my quest into not cutting the crap out of the firewall/tunnel

niiice, $300 is a pretty sweet price to

How small are these buggers compared to a standard starter? Ive got a brand new series 3 RX7 starter but the bitch is way to fat/a little bit too long to get close to fitting