Mini 998 Performance Parts

Sammy

Hey there

- Apologies if this is wrong section or if this has already been covered -

Me and my old man are looking at purchasing a mini as he used too play around with them when he was my age we are looking at a mini 998 as he remembers everything how too get these going well i.e fitting the MG1100 head and has all the old performance books etc

However parts used too be easy too get mostly from the UK and around the place but that was 20 or so years ago where is the best place too get aftermarket parts now days that are basically brand new? or get work done on a mini too a high standard would much appreciate your thoughts

Thanks

sam

Finding a 12g295 (MG1100) head will be pretty hard these days - you are probably better off going to a 12g940 1275 head and cutting valve reliefs in the block.

As for parts - try minisport and minispares, both in the UK. I've had most luck with minispares, minisport fucked up shipping on an order for me a while back. Where as i've had only good experiences with minispares.

Also minitbitz.co.nz sells a few bits (exterior), but for mechanical you will have to go to the UK suppliers. Luckily they have pretty much anything you could ever want.

Ive got a few bits stashed away,were are you and what exactly are you after?

Hey thanks man but we havent purchased the car yet just making sure there is availability of parts

Finding a 12g295 (MG1100) head will be pretty hard these days - you are probably better off going to a 12g940 1275 head and cutting valve reliefs in the block.

Alright cheers mate ill update the old man

Havn't needed them for years but Swift Automotive in Christchurch used to be good.

Yea found them seemed too be one of the only places in New Zealand