79 avenger engine conversions

79avengerGL

i've seen alot of people ask this question but none have really been answered properly and i can't really find anything on the internet so what my question is what are my options in doing an engine conversion as in what drops straight in to the avenger or very minimal work needed to be done if that makes sense

To my knowledge there's not really anything that will bolt straight in (that's easily obtainable at least). If you have a 1300cc you can upgrade to a 1600 without any problems. It's not that big a job to stick some other form of rwd 4cyl engine in its place, custom engine mounts and gearbox crossmember aren't that big a deal. EFI is a different story however.

A 4AGE with T50 g/box would be a pretty sweet conversion, or some form of Opel engine like Brads / Mikunis Chevette.

There's plenty of small 4cyl engine options out there, it all depends on how much ya wanna spend and what sort of power you're after.

Even just opening up the 1600 Hillman engine can give you a decently zippy car, ported head, twin Strombergs / quad bike carbs, raised compression and a cam regrind will give some good results.