Auckland: Monthly meet at Ellerslie Burgerfuel, 16th March

Freds ute is insane, highly recommended A+++ would trade again etc

Mean skids :mrgreen:

Thanks! :-) Glad you enjoyed it. The burger was pretty fucking good too!

edit: look what i found

That's 3 years old and although it doesn't suck too much, I need to do better. A for effort, C for achievement there.

Fred's not online yet. He must have hit such high speeds on the way home that he accidentally travelled back to 1985.

LOLOLOL, I had a few squirts, but nothing too bad. It still drives OK even as rooted as it is. I got into some corners in third where it went something like: 5k - 7500, brake, steer, repeat - and it felt good :-) Still idling on 3, though :-(

That ute should get some kind of prize for the amount of duct tape and cable ties holding it together. It also featured garden hose and a literal sock filter.. :lol:

Did you miss the rivets and silicone that hold the intercooler plumbing together? :-)

Well, if that video's online, then look what I found:

http://picasaweb.google.com/oldschool.co.nz/Misc#5449177744736417042

It appears to depict a similar vehicle being devoured by video compression artifacts. :doubt

Thanks :-) I love the way the tail/brake lights light up the smoke :-)

Well the ute made it home in one piece. Actually, maybe I should say in as many pieces as what it was when we left BF.

LOL :-) Fair call.

Yeah I fucked up and forgot the batteries... I wasnt expecting to be leaving in such a rush/cloud of smoke.

Woops, if you'd said "wait, the batteries!!" I would have :-)

Thanks for having me, 'twas a fun night :-) and thanks again for the feed, Chris, most appreciated!

Fred.

PS, the owner of this and this was there, did anyone even notice??? :

Ultra good bastad! or GC as you guys tend to say :wink:

Good news, didn't do a leak down test, but compression is an even 220psi across all four cyls and all four ign coils work, and all four ignitors work, and 3 of the spark plugs work, oh, wait...

Anyone got any Denso PK20R (11) plugs undropped, unmodified (ungapped) and pulled out of a running engine that I could have??? They come stock in the black top 4age and probably dozens of other vehicles too. Similar plat or iridium denso/ngk plugs are also acceptable, but set of four would be best if different. Slacker Cam may have some, will find out soon :-)

PS, Ben, I'll happily accept your "I told you so" when you are ready. (It was you that said "it cold be ign related" right?) Sorry for ignoring you :-)

Fred.

PS, Ben, I'll happily accept your "I told you so" when you are ready. (It was you that said "it cold be ign related" right?) Sorry for ignoring you :-)

Fred.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That was me! on our drive. I asked if you'd checked spark! Makes sense that its on three at idle but seems ok at higher Rpm

My Merc did the same, Shitty at low rpm all good when booting it, Finally got the stuck plug out and changed it like the rest and problem solved

Sometimes I want to kill my father.

Like right now. I just found 2 of my four brand new iridium plugs (30 bucks + each) outside, on a bench, covered in rust and sawdust. Wonderful.

He's in hospital right now, so I could just wish that it all goes wrong, but that seems like an unfair advantage.

Chris, I think you had better come and feel what it's like on 4 cylinders. Late one sun/mon/tues/wed night when it hasn't rained for a day or so, and we'll go give it a bit of shit again.

Fred.

Sometimes I want to kill my father.

Like right now. I just found 2 of my four brand new iridium plugs (30 bucks + each) outside, on a bench, covered in rust and sawdust. Wonderful.

He's in hospital right now, so I could just wish that it all goes wrong, but that seems like an unfair advantage.

Chris, I think you had better come and feel what it's like on 4 cylinders. Late one sun/mon/tues/wed night when it hasn't rained for a day or so, and we'll go give it a bit of shit again.

Fred.

Will charge camera

Thanks :-) I love the way the tail/brake lights light up the smoke :-)

Apparently the person who filmed that car didn't use a night compensation mode because his camera is old and can't process that mode fast enough. I also hear part of the burnout missed being filmed because the previous 15-second clip was still writing to memory! ;D

PS, Ben, I'll happily accept your "I told you so" when you are ready. (It was you that said "it cold be ign related" right?)

No, I don't think I said that. If I did it would have been an un-educated guess. All I said was "duh, sounds like a Subaru". :P

I also hear part of the burnout missed being filmed because the previous 15-second clip was still writing to memory! ;D

Bugger! Last time you and I had this problem is recorded right here :

That slide continued perfectly balanced all the way through the corner! We all need to buy you a camera and use it to film me doing a burnout ON the old one :-)

No, I don't think I said that. If I did it would have been an un-educated guess. All I said was "duh, sounds like a Subaru". :P

Hmmm, someone said it with those words while milling around the bonnet fairly early on. I wonder who it was?

We all need to buy you a camera and use it to film me doing a burnout ON the old one :-)

I have a new camera (have used it for the last 3 track days at least), I just didn't bring it because I know how much you love the old Cybershot. :D

One thing I'd like to try with the old camera sometime is to position it infront of a car (in the centreline not in the path of the wheels thankyou) and have the car drive over it. Possibly even while doing a burnout. Need a vehicle with enough ground clearance and no excessive squat under acceleration.