Honda City E engine trouble

Southern Hardstyle

what fuel is she using? try put through a tank or two of 95 or even 98 and see if that reduces the amount of pinking, either that or retard the ignition timing until it stops pinking.

the sound of pinking could best be described by a bunch of ball bearings rattling around in a can, it usually happens in the lower end of the rev range more so in higher gears while trying to accelerate.

pinking could also be caused by incorrect heat range spark plugs (ie too hot), carbon build up in the combustion chamber creating hot spots or even oil consumption with the oil displacing the amount of air/fuel mix in the chamber effectively lowering the octane rating but you would notice lots of blue smoke if this were the case.

Is it a CVCC motor?

what fuel is she using? try put through a tank or two of 95 or even 98 and see if that reduces the amount of pinking, either that or retard the ignition timing until it stops pinking.

the sound of pinking could best be described by a bunch of ball bearings rattling around in a can, it usually happens in the lower end of the rev range more so in higher gears while trying to accelerate.

pinking could also be caused by incorrect heat range spark plugs (ie too hot), carbon build up in the combustion chamber creating hot spots or even oil consumption with the oil displacing the amount of air/fuel mix in the chamber effectively lowering the octane rating but you would notice lots of blue smoke if this were the case.

Is it a CVCC motor?

she is using 91, it seems to be in the lower end of the rev range while tyring to acclerate in higher gears, wouldnt have a clue if it is a cvcc motor, is a 85' city e 1200cc if thats any help

My dad has one of these and it pinks too. I wound the spark back a bit last time I used it, and it got a wee bit better. I never thought that it was peharps running too hot a spark plug.

They are a turd of a motor, the cams are real bad to much off a cam lobe, and I think the old boys one might have a sick bearing, or a cracked slug. Keeps one trucking though.