how to cut n polish

shizzl

right....is there anyone out there that can provide the correct or atleast a version that works well...

i have a car with some minor surface scratches...

i wanna get them out,im pretty sure theyll buff out joe dirt style..

so whats the best way?

what materials should be used?

a good run down etc for both old and new paint would be good and added to the tech archive.

im sure alot of us will use it...

i have all the kit, will do a mini techy fred

Yeah, I was going to say if you search its been discussed thoroughly.

However its all over the place and confusing.

A tech article by someone that knows what they are doing would be mean.

cimg1111b.jpg

right, seeing as this is what i do (kinda) none of the cars on the drive had scratches so i imporvised and attacked the bmw (my least favorite) with the car keys

cimg1112q.jpg

i didnt go too hard as OS isnt worth a guard respray :lol:

first step is to cut the scratch out

cimg1113l.jpg

1500 wet n dry, 3000 trizact pad, and a block to prevent rutting ripples in paint

cimg1114.jpg

just incase you didnt know how a block works, cut the scratch and surrounding area if you only do the scratch you WILL leave a ripple in the paint

its also very important to have some common sence and not cut too far, its better to have to repolish than to repaint

cimg1115.jpg

tada a big ugly dull patch

cimg1116f.jpg

cut out the 1500 marks with a 3000 pad, move fingers sideways not back n forth this makes it easier to buff out later

cimg1118.jpg

next step is buffing, i used to use farecla G3 polish but have just started using surf'ace rapide (its 30% cheaper and 30% more shit) my buff is a rupes mini mop $750 :doubt: not for your home handy man a $90 makita replica will do the job fine, and on the end is a farecla compounding foam

cimg1119a.jpg

smear the polish over the area thinly to stop it flicking off

cimg1120.jpg

buff speed is all down to you, i use setting 2-4 out of 8 but im not sure what rpm that is. go slower when your learning for less chance of fuckups, keep the sponge trying to climb up (if that makes sence) this stops it grabbing and making a mess/being annoying

cimg1121w.jpg

wipe it all down and check for missed areas, rebuff these and your done

i like to buff over the whole panel to even it out then slap some of you favorite wax on to keep it shiny

right....is there anyone out there that can provide the correct or atleast a version that works well...

i have a car with some minor surface scratches...

i wanna get them out,im pretty sure theyll buff out joe dirt style..

after the wee run down, you reckon it will work on the side rails of the stocky?

:badgrin:

army training...i spent the 4 weeks before xmas up there..

not looking forward to this 3 weeks coming up cos i wanna look for another job..

possibly in dunedin or invercargill or where ever....nothing here and im sick of my boss, the pig bear fat bitch

army training...i spent the 4 weeks before xmas up there..

not looking forward to this 3 weeks coming up cos i wanna look for another job..

possibly in dunedin or invercargill or where ever....nothing here and im sick of my boss, the pig bear fat bitch

are you in the same group a Jade from Temuka/Timaru?

he was up there for 4 weeks just before Xmas and is heading back