anyone know a shock maker?

m0ss4yy

im wanting to lower the front of my hillman hunter.. but I wanna do it by getting shocks made, that are shorter than the standard ones (by about 2.5") and shorten the strut too..

anyone have any ideas on where i can get shocks made up or a better way of doing it?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

std springs will be about 2.5" taller than the shock so take 2" out and it still holds it in

you can find a shorter shock insert at your friendly repco store and have the struts shortened if you wanted too :?:

mine are 2" shorter than std which allows me to put my cross member on the ground (and then some)

that would be a free spring and illegal

yeah i want shorter struts and shocks.. but nobody as a thing for a 78 hunter these days..

the best thing repco could do for me was send me to this guy who makes shocks.. disappointing repco..

just tell them the width of the insert you need (inside the strut tube) and how long you want it. they can look in there magic book and find one that will fit

i have starion struts ona lancer with celica shocks and bluebird in the back :lol:

just tell them the width of the insert you need (inside the strut tube) and how long you want it. they can look in there magic book and find one that will fit

i have starion struts ona lancer with celica shocks and bluebird in the back :lol:

dont they have different tops and bottoms at all?

no shorter shocks are only really needed for shorter struts

get the stanchion shortened on some std spec shocks for bout $40 each

so just shortening the strut is easier?

not really you will need to find shorter shocks to fit the shorter struts

i did mine the other way

found short shocks, cut struts, made coil over adjustables

what you need to dois

decide how much lower you want/can go

get some custome springs made up

get replacement shocks either shorter stanchion length or std one shortened