hillman hunter rear adjustable suspension???

m0ss4yy

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no problem with the origonal back shocks when lowering the car. just watch for the drive shaft rubbing on the tunnel as you can blow a drive shaft universal out, when you go over a bump. 2" blocks and three people in the back gets you very close to hitting the floor. If your running 13" rims the lip of the guard would be about even with the lip of the rim when things go wrong.

If you lowering it there is a lot of side ways travel in the leaf springs when cornering. This normaly kills any tires and rim setup wider than standard. You can get a diaganal linkage and anti tramps put in to stop this, will cost money $$$.

If you stiffen the back end up like this be carfull driving as the factory sloppyness helps with traction and driveability. It will tend to brake out when cornering hard, well before the point it used too. Alright if you like drifting but would need some more power.

• 3 weeks later...
If you stiffen the back end up like this be carfull driving as the factory sloppyness helps with traction and driveability. It will tend to brake out when cornering hard, well before the point it used too. Alright if you like drifting but would need some more power

is that just if the back end is stiffened up?

• 11 months later...

hi there im new to the site. and ive just got a hillman hunter super from my auntys mate who was a total idiot when it came to fixing things on it. i had to replace the entire engine koz he snaped a valve spring and when the head went to the engine reconditioners the valve guide fell out of the head. ive fixed evrythng and got a wof so i want to lower it now and im wondering do i measure it from the bottom of the gaurd down the tire to see how low it will be when i put my two inch blocks in/ and also does anyone have two inch bloks/ or the measurments for the locating nobs and holes so i can order some? cheers. my cell number is 0211 407 236 my names corey. cheers.

i am located out west auckland. i am looking at 2 inch lowering blocks maby for the rear and hell know what i will need to get it sitting level at the front. maby you would have an idea?

my cell number is 0211 407 236. im working 6-9 most nights but any time before or after that is fine. or you can text me and will reply asap. cheers.