holden 3.8 v6 help

DavidTheCreator

i have just got a rn41 hilux with a holden v6 and th700 in it, runs mint as (except for the diff ratios) but every so often it wont start.

i replaced the battery as the on in it was 7 years old, but i still have the problem, it turns over slowly and just wont start, when i do get

it running the alternator puts out 14.7 volts.

its the cranks that are different..

ones a 6 bolt the others 8 bolt.. cant remember if its the manual 6 and auto 8.or other way round..

but you can buy new flywheels to suit the auto cranks..

HRP - steve hampton in hamilton make them, not cheap but good quality and factory spec.

pretty sure its the same across the board for them, which i think is a stupid idea..

i have 2 manual motors, both appear to be early (series 1) one has 6 bolts, the other 8.

apart from casting numbers, the only difference i can see between them is the injector rail.one has the FPR mounted onto the end (*8 bolt), the other on top (*6 bolt,later ??)

i was of the impression the earliest version had a different crank between auto and manual, but S2 onwards were the same with a 6 bolt crank??