nigelwade's Capri

kyteler

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you able to work on the car in storage? How much of the driveline is complete? Do you have a ECU for it? I have a NA tune for a megasquirt if you want it.

My suggestion is to just get the car running NA, chip away at it and in the end you will be supprised at the results. I spent $3300 building my 1uz Crown, it took me 8 months but i just did everything as cheap as possible but man what a hilariously fun car to drive. I too had plans of grandure for my crown but at the time i could not afford to do them.

It had no WOF, reg or cert and i drove it every sunday for months. Cops would give me the thumbs up, People would tell me stories of there v8s they had when i filled up at the petrol station. I ended up selling it because i couldnt afford a cert but the best thing i ever did was finish it. I thought about scrapping the whole thing as i had nowhere to work on it, or store it.

In the end i had to beg my folks to store it on there lawn and i would work on it there out in the sun on fine days. I remember wiring it up with it pissing down with rain, hiding inside the car using a butane soldering iron.

Just a suggestion.