Starion Gearbox Crossmember

Goat

Here a question for you Phil.

Doing a manual conversion on a Starion. It appears that the cross member we have been given with the conversion stuff sits abut 70mm too far back. There a two different mounting positions. The Auto cross member was the one closest to back of car. But even on the front set of mounts the crossmember is too far back (towards back of car) to fit the gearbox. Are there different type of mounts? what the story?

Chur

There are 2 sets of bolt holes on the body. Neither of them work with the cross member/gearbox I have. Is there some weird sort of cross member that i need. Or is there an alternate rubber mount available for the gearbox?

Here is the dilema:

gbox.jpg

This is on the set of bolt holes closest to front of car. And crossmember is still too far back.

Is there some different rubber mount that will fit the holes right above the cross member?

it's possible the crossmember you have is from an L200, or are you definitely sure it's from a Starion? I know the transmission tunnels are bigger on the auto starions, but didn't think the crossmember mounts would be different.

here's some images which may help show what the crossmember should look like and where it's mounted on the gearbox:

DSCF1379.jpg

DSCF1382.jpg

i had the same problem changing my auto ex lancer to manual but the mounting holes where further back then the crosmember so i just put in extension plates i dont know if thats the correct way to do it though? is it dodgey at all?ha

I think we'll have to do that ^

Because in that picture Phil, thats exactly what the crossmember we have looks like. And exactly where it mounts on the gearbox.

Its just the bolt holes in the floor are about inline with the shifter...

So extensions it is...