Uneven rear brakes. Fixing?

zep

Jack it up nice and high and un bolt it all. Start with the tie rods dont need to take em off the rack just pop them out of the stub assembly, then the top coupling bolt the one that clamps it to the steering coloum on the splined part, then the four rack mount bolts on the crossmember. You might aswell do the rack bushs at the same time there pretty cheap for urethane ones. I guess you'll be doing a urethane coupling aswell? that requires abit of grinding you have to cut the original rivits off. The kit I used had all the bolts and washers needed and a simple little pic of cutting the rivits off.

hey mate, check the tire pressures are even in the back wheels before you go pulling it apart, fixed the same problem with my bluebird, hadnt been used much in the months leading up to the wof either.

Cheers dude, will check that too. Haven't drive it in over a month, so could be.

• 2 weeks later...

Evened up the tire pressures, and took out all the pads and scuffed them up. Now it's even MORE out of balance! I have a feeling the right piston might be a bit sticky though as it was much harder to get on and off the disc. Might have to take the calipers off and give them a grease up.

:lol:

Stink, still... won't be too hard or labour intensive finding the culprit.

Yeah it's just a pain in the ass having to go all the way to the WOF place to find it's not balanced. Wish I could get it checked free closer to home.

Any gravel near your place?

If so, get a slight roll on and jam the brakes up, you'll soon see evidence of whether one is gripping more than the other. Alternatively, sealed surface, more speed, harder on the brakes and if she starts crossing up. You've got balance issues.