replacing van windows with other material....legal?

Beaver

hey all.

is it legal/ok to replace a side window in a van (not driver or front passenger window) with another material? ie completely remove window and seal, and make up a panel of some sorts and permantly put in place. it will save me a lot of effort if i can do this. i know that there are no limits on how dark the tints can be, so dont see why it would be an issue to replace the window with something solid like a metal panel.

thanks

hey all.

is it legal/ok to replace a side window in a van (not driver or front passenger window) with another material? ie completely remove window and seal, and make up a panel of some sorts and permantly put in place. it will save me a lot of effort if i can do this. i know that there are no limits on how dark the tints can be, so dont see why it would be an issue to replace the window with something solid like a metal panel.

thanks

im pretty sure it is , you may have to change the licence to a goods vehicle though , which means "no seats in the rear" etc