Indicator wiring

peteretep

I cant figure out how my indicator circuit works, I have a 2 pin flasher unit, but only a single indicator light on my dash like the diagram shown, the 2 pilot light feeds go to the same light(simple bulb with the dash as the earth) will the dash light not take the biggest current as it would surely have the least resistance and backfeed to the opposite indicators possibly too?

so what i have drawn is how i think my system works

does that make sense?

flasherunit.jpg

edit:

ok i see now there is actually no earth coming from the dash bulb, it just goes through into the other side? im still confused

i understand what your saying but i dont think you understand me, the dash light earths through the other side, so if you put a diode in each side, it wouldnt be able to earth so it wouldnt work at all like the drawing

drawing1model.jpg

but in saying that, i may have this all wrong and it may be far simpler than i first thought

So you think it is like your original drawing? does the light have 2 or 3 connections?

only way i could see it work is if it did have 3 connections and build in diodes. You can test that with your multimeter on diode testing mode. Or, it could somehow ground the side its not using and run it that way. will try to draw a pic. Give me a minute or 3

Heres a way to use a double pole, double throw toggle switch to use the one light with no ground on the light and lights up when any side is indicating etc

peter1h.th.jpg

Probably not how its done but it could be....