di0n's 1986 Corolla CE71

di0n

Yeh had looked into maybe 3CT or 2LT but both have head problems. 1kzte is an awesome engine too but pricey and wont bolt to my gearbox. 2LT would be cool but I think theyre fairly heavy and look to be quite a high/large engine so not sure if it'd even fit. 1UZFE was my other choice. Did a lot of research but decided it was goin to be too expensive and take too long, after all this is supposed to be my daily... :rolleyes:

4age has been done so I know its possible and should be a fairly quick and straight forward swap if I play my cards right and source all the parts before I rip into it.

Brother has offered to give me his smallport redtop 4age from his AE92. But since im goin to need all the rear wheel drive bits I thought it might be cheaper to just buy a full RWD setup,engine, box and all. And just sell bits I dont need. Or even just run factory rear drive blue top and ditch T50. Thoughts???

• 2 months later...

dude you dont need full rwd 4ag stuff. only inlet and exhaust manifs, the water sensor housing on back of head change to bluetop one, and the ae86 spigot bearing. the rest you can use the fwd stuff with an electric fan. for the thermostat run the ae92 remote thermostat under the intake behind the water pump and run a longer radiator hose etc. mod pipe off back of water pump to suit. much cheaper option aye.

3sge would be sweet.. much more involved tho.

from the investigations i had fitting w55 into ke70 (same floor pan) the ce71 engine sat in a different spot so the gearbox crossmember was the wrong offset. i ended up using a ta63/ma61 celica gearbox xmember from a W box. had to slot xmember holes 5mm. have been told by another ke70 3tgte owner that the auto xmember bolts on.

• 2 years later...