jases red bitch te sedo

Jase

gemini056ip6.jpg

w800.png

i only call it the red bitch cos it tried to crush my hand yesterday in a somewhat christine like fashion,

but lay your comments

going to take

rover v8

w50

extractors

4 barrel holley

and borg lsd

from the silver wags

whilst i rethink the strategy for that one

hopefully bro,

more likely 2 cobies out in front of the rear wheel ,

but whatever suits its gona be 2.5" single after the extractors

if its semi legit i'll be driving it if not towed by ute,

driveshaft is going to be very xe as two piece with centre hanger

i have to have a look but i'm fairly sure 2 piece is the goes as the diff is rotating from where the torque tube used to mount making it move a bit more than say a fourlink front to back,

would use a commonwhore centre uni if it has to be done otherwise just have to make driveshaft loop if one piece and get atl to look at it for me once the motor and box is in

Have you had much done by ATL?? I have seen some poor workmanship from there. Not on my own car, but thats why I ask. Its to easy for someone to blame a place and give them a bad rep.

Car looks rad man.

If you have any guard tyre clearance problems let me know and I will come over with the Guard roller and help sort it.

I did FLAWLES's ones and he seemed pretty happy with the result.

Corey

i wud scrap te for tx most likely,

but this banger will do nicely to test the lil rover out and the lsd,

just wana get the engine in and mash through all the lil probs and

give it a good run

and then tackle the bigger fish that is the wagon

Have you had much done by ATL?? I have seen some poor workmanship from there. Not on my own car, but thats why I ask. Its to easy for someone to blame a place and give them a bad rep.

Car looks rad man.

If you have any guard tyre clearance problems let me know and I will come over with the Guard roller and help sort it.

I did FLAWLES's ones and he seemed pretty happy with the result.

Corey

Atl guy is a super nice dude, but i had my dshaft break in middle that he made for me, as well as a friends break in middle on a lex 8 hilux conversion, if you are going to go there make sure he makes it stronger than you need because he seems to underestimate what abuse the driveshaft will take.

oh shit^ i see he's only welding commodore yoke to my b1600 shaft and replacing the uni's

on my ute one and then balancing it,

what part broke?

he's charging me $375 for the ute one which has a centre uni in it so

some grinding two welds and balancing and replacing the two front unis,

it seemed a little steep as my last one cost me $150 through a crowd in auckland

oh shit^ i see he's only welding commodore yoke to my b1600 shaft and replacing the uni's

on my ute one and then balancing it,

what part broke?

he's charging me $375 for the ute one which has a centre uni in it so

some grinding two welds and balancing and replacing the two front unis,

it seemed a little steep as my last one cost me $150 through a crowd in auckland

The actual tube broke in the middle

He's done 2 for me so far and both have been to a high presentable standard. Not putting through as much power as you guys though so its probably not getting a real test.

The one you got in Auckland would have surely just been an end change? ATL only charge around $125 for each and change and ballance. Mine was around the $350 mark but I had both ends made and one was a sliding yoke because my D/S goes from solid flange to solid flange.

I think he has only ever modified driveshafts for me rather than scratch built them, perhaps thats when he cuts corners?

I hope they're not dodgy, because they also lightened my flywheel and I like having toes. :?

MMM maybe I might get mine done in auckland again too. Peter at TRT is a top guy but so busy doing bigger stuff hes hard to get smaller stuff done. Its alright if you can leave it with him cause he will do a top job (they know how to charge for it also).

I have heard the guy at ATL is a good bugger though and his welding and finish on the shafts are up there with the best. But the driveshafts breaking in the middle are something I have heard about before and thats why I asked.

Corey

in the middle shit ?! maybe its the tube he's using,

exhaust on the sly?

i supplied a second hand bit so will be sweet as long as his welding and balancing are smeke,

at the end of the day i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and bring it back if i smash it,

bedford truck d'shaft is the same id but thicker which i used on my last gemi one,