backfiring???? its going ya bitch!!!

shizzl

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally never used an XF dizzy in any of our cars, but know they are widely used cos theyre easier to find. I dont know what is needed/involved with using one of them though......Imagine you would need an external box from an XF and rewire....

now that i think about the last time it got used was when the radiator exploded its guts all over

the place,so likely that it got soaked?

the module is only covered by a half arsed attempt at a cover...

ie the stock little metal cover,definately not water tight...

Random ok but this is what happens inside a falcon dizzy when you get hit.

The dizzys driven off the crank. When you get the shunt (or doing the shunt) the inertia moved the crankshaft in the block microscopically.

Because the dizzy is bolted to the block it cannot move, so the gear on the dizzy travels "up" the teeth on the gear, causing it to contact with the top of the cap. This can be that hard that it will actually break the cap on suicide hits.....

Can be reduced by removing the bottom geat and shimming it with copper/brass washers so it has very little play..

check that module aint wet....

so,after taking the dizzy to pieces,and a whole can of crc and a can of valvoline something,abit of a shuffle with plugs,and fiddle with some wires,more crc,lots of colourful language,hammer holes in walls,and a recharge of the battery,its finally fukn started.... :twisted:

on my lunch break(work is 2min away) i poured on the crc..

let it dry a bit....

went to go back to work and just thought id give it one more go..

started cranking without the backfiring and it tried to burst into life,so i pumped some gas into the carby,normal start procedure,and funny enough she fired up...tell ya what,a falcon 4l race motor in a closed garage will make even the holden fans gets a hard on...

totally stoked..

now im going to take the box out and check the clutch and realign it,im sure its out of alignment and stopping the throw out bearing to work properly,or at all....

thanks MACKAZ for ya help....

now im going to take the box out and check the clutch and realign it,im sure its out of alignment and stopping the throw out bearing to work properly,or at all....

Won't it align itself when you press the pedal? As long as the bearing ( what do you call it! ) in the flywheel is still there, then the pms is held true, and the friction plate will centre itself when the pedal's depressed. Any other problems are usually crud on the shaft...

ive got a hydraulic release bearing so if the plate is out abit the "bearing" will cock off to the side a fraction and wont allow it to work properly..

plus i wanna check the plate anyway..

but its a real c---t to get into gear on a standstall,but from a rolling start its fine,and once its in gear you can sit there with the clutch engaged fine but its labouring a bit...

just wanna get it all buttoned down for the champs this weekend..