Help with my daily that wont start

durty

havent used my gay daily for a while (6 months at leat, nearer to a year maybe)

finally got round to fucking round with it, went to start it, nothing, okay, maybe battery is flat, charge it, still nothing, try a couple of other batterys, nothing

lights etc all work sweet as, not even a click or anything when ya turn the key

cars an auto

where should i look first?

should be in tech section stz, but anyway have you looked at the starter motor? could be seized from non-use. give it a tap with a rubber mallet or even a hammer etc first before removing it. Try feeding power directly to starter motor too to eliminate a dodgy automatic trans inhibitor switch or ignition barrel etc.

can't be much of a daily if you aren't driving it regularly :P

ok, battery i was using wasnt very charged at all so wasnt even trying to start it, put in my mean as tractor battery and when ya turn the key theres a very fast spinning noise coming from the starter motor i think

would i be right in thinking that the starter motor may not be engaging/is buggered?

Can you get anywhere near it to give it a solid whack with a hammer?

Either that, or just use that fuckoff battery and do quick flicks to engage it a whole bunch of times, might just be a bit stuck and need free'd up again. Best thing to do would be remove, take apart, clean, grease, reassemble, re-attach... ...but I'm sure you're lazy like me. :lol:

Can you get anywhere near it to give it a solid whack with a hammer?

Either that, or just use that fuckoff battery and do quick flicks to engage it a whole bunch of times, might just be a bit stuck and need free'd up again. Best thing to do would be remove, take apart, clean, grease, reassemble, re-attach... ...but I'm sure you're lazy like me. :lol:

tried the whack thing, given it heaps of flicks on and off, i think it may be rooted aye