MESDUPs rotor323

MACKAZ

just having a read, wow you bought rx3 box for $400 thought rotor boxs would be worth alot more, cars looking good

The strongest, later model boxes go for only $500 :D

Looks awesome man... it shares its garage with some more mazda awesomness too I noticed :wink:

yeah, i thought it was a high price since i only needed the bell housing off it, hah yeah 7 all up

Coming along fast as Phil.

Love how the gaurds bolt off so easy.. Damn ford welded on things!!

yeah, so so. paint will take a while tho.

its taken me weeks just to get the front end lookin like that cos im far too busy.

hah yeah one was welded on tho cos a bolt had snapped off

• 1 month later...

no pics of engine yet, hopefully have it put together by end of the year as i have everything for it,

just concentrating on panel and paint for the moment.

No plans to cage it yet as it should be sweet for a few seasons without one until i trade the pp in for something turbo.

hopefully i can keep a steady stream of progress photos coming as i dont want to sit on the car for ages and lose interest

• 2 months later...
Coming along nicely, how much did your clutch setup cost? Because Im gonna have to run something very similar with the whole 13bt to w58?

whole set up came from green bros in tauranga , somewhere around the $1100 mark i think, i will go through my receipts and see what actual costs were

$267 :shock:

that clutch is guna be nasty to drive with a pp :lol:

Tell me about it, anyone know of any reasonable chromers in the b.o.p/waikato region?

hah hopefully wont be too bad, being injected they are a bit easier to drive

yeah not too bad a price, is the same package as what most of the guys that shop at green bros use.

hey gaz atleast this time round i have replaced the wheel studs before they get a chance to fail on me, plus i dont wana break anything cos i dont wana spend the same kinda cash buying stuff i have already bought :shock:

Yeah true that. Spending lots once is better than getting shit stuff and having it break twice! Will be back the week before my wedding to sort shit out. This time will actually come have a beer!

Gaz

you bloody better, congrats to you and Jut anyways

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey bro, got boot painted and my surge tank and CAS got polished which are being brought back to me today, got engine, gearbox and bumper mounts powder coated along with my sparewheel cover, was ment to put my new discs back on but lost a wheel bearing for the front so have to wait til next week to get another.

Also plates have been painted and dropped back off to our engine builder, so yeah thats about all i have done recently.

Just bought a 1UZ hilux surf so just spent all my cash on tints sounds and exhaust for it so am a bit broke, got it for a good price and thought it was about time to get my own tow vehicle