moulding interior panels

tortron

so ive started cutting out my 3mm mdf with which to make a new interior with (figure il keep the og one/sell it) and apart from the board having a footprint larger than my morrie and thus having to break it up in the carpar, thus leaving me with it slightly too short for one panel (tho would have most likely needed another one anyway) it was going ok.

have one that needs to curve around 90 degrees to go around under the front of the back seat. i figure if i just cut slits down it and maybe use a bit of steam or something i should be able to get it done alright.

anyway, i get to the rear door panels and unlike the fronts which are a nice flat piece, they have indentations taking up the bottom quarter to fit around the back seats when closed. The outline of the panel remains flat, but there is that "bowl" bit that goes into the door.

my question is how the hell do i replicate that?

^ oh fuck - EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

imagine your standard rear door interior panel, now extend the sides of the rear seat an extra couple of inches so if you were to close the doors they would foul each side by about an inch. So to prevent that there is a recess made in the panel

hmm, maybe i should cut the panel flat, then cut that bit out and glass it in there.

unless there is a better way