Wheel sizes and offset on '72 Datsun PL230 240C ?

TurboPulsar

Hi all,

I'm, Audun, just registered here.

I need to buy some new wheels for my 240C. But have no idea about what dimmentions it can take and what offset/backspacing is suitable..

Does anyone have any input about this? I'm not planning on widening her, so what ever wheels I get will have to fit without scrubbing.

I'm thinking about 235/60-15 rear and 215/65-15 front. With 15x8 and 15x7 rims. Can I go wider/bigger with no hassle?

I wanna have 50+ series tires as I wanna keep the old school look, but I guess I could maybe up to 16"? I guess max rolling diameter, tire width and backspacing would be what I really need. Then I can figure the rest.

Also, if anyone know where to get hold of a set of lowering springs for the front, or if that's tough, maybe someone has cut the stock springs with good result?

Would be endlessly thankful for help about this, as I've tried searching around without much luck...most info is for the Z's..

Regards,

Audun

send Dat180 a private message on this forum, hes just sold his 240c wagon.

he will know the wheel offset and other info you may need.

i dont know if he sold his 16" watanabes with his 240c, but he may have those available for sale, if youre looking at buying internationally!!

Yo! I've got a H230 260C. Same thing as yours but sedan and bigger engine.

Basically there's heaps of room for wheel width and height, you're really best to try options yourself and see if they fit. Rolling the inside of the guards is no big deal if you have to to fit large tyres.

15x7 & 8" would fit easy depending on offset but may I suggest slightly smaller tyres? They will fit better and the car will sit lower (less cutting springs)

This car runs 14x7 & 8" but with low offset.

furuta230bigmz9.jpg

11972054281cf4.jpg

No idea where in Norway you could get lowering springs but I cut two coils off mine and IMO it is still comfortable as. There is still adequate travel and is very legal.

There's a few people on these forums with 230 and 330 Cedrics. For more info on mine click pic in sig.

Cheers, Zeb

i dont know if he sold his 16" watanabes with his 240c, but he may have those available for sale, if youre looking at buying internationally!!

Yeah I bought DAT180's wag - he has the Watts still - maybe he will keep him maybe he will sell..

I'm going for Ford Falcon EF riyums - matty b 15"- Should fit with minimal rolling of guards I hope.. then slamming the shit out of it - maybe 2-3 inches in bum (resetting leaves and low profiles) and 2.5-3.5 inches in front (custom springs and low profiles)

Whatever it takes to get the look right or the sill parallel to the ground.

Check with Pies - he bought some 14x9" rims for his 330

Yeah I bought DAT180's wag - he has the Watts still - maybe he will keep him maybe he will sell..

I'm going for Ford Falcon EF riyums - matty b 15"- Should fit with minimal rolling of guards I hope.. then slamming the shit out of it - maybe 2-3 inches in bum (resetting leaves and low profiles) and 2.5-3.5 inches in front (custom springs and low profiles)

Whatever it takes to get the look right or the sill parallel to the ground.

Check with Pies - he bought some 14x9" rims for his 330

and 14x10's :P

no idea if its gonna work or not yet, but keep checkin my project thread as i have a few dumb ideas for this car. will not be expensive either as i still have to sort my mx31 lol

a skinner tyre on a wider rim is gona give you less guard hassles. like 15x9 with a 205, looks teh secks aswel.

thats a jap trend. big ug tyres is a yankee thing.

edit: i run 195-50s on 15x8s on my cressida. and no oldschool v8 dude thats seen it thinks the tyres are too skinny

Thanks for the feedback guys. Most appreciated.

For the record, I am gonna make it a bit yankee style.. I'm keeping all the jap style for my GTiR, so this is gon be my lil muscle car..lol

But don't you have any info bout what offsets or backspacing you're running on these wheels? If I run 8" for instance, is close to zero offset ok, or does it need a bit positive? I've seen the american racing wheels I've been thinking about got like 3,75 to 4,5 inches back spacing, depending on width, and that's not much of an offset... :?

Oh and how wide are you running in the rear? Assuming the 195/50 was front ?

Sorry for the nag about the offset, but I really don't have any places to go around here to try out different sizes and offsets :(

Cheers