twosmoke

I had the same sort of questions as you when I went to triple webers.

I am using a rover adjustable fuel pressure regulator between a standard pump and the first carb, tested it and when its dial is on 3PSI it actually puts out 3.5PSI so I run 2.5 on the guage and so far I havnt run outa gas or flooded and no return line.

American Auto parts in CHCH has new regulators for $60 but he couldn't give me a flow rate and my mate gave me the rover one for nuthin easy choice :P

Standard fuel pumps tend to put out about 5-7PSI which as mentioned before would flood your carbs.

I know I just said basically what others have said but as I have only just gone through this in the past month thought I would mention it.

• 2 weeks later...

2 hoses are fuel overflows, you dont really need to take them back to the fuel tank, if they overflow, it means your floats are wasted

they look all complicated but are actually pretty simple, look up how a cv carb works on the net

and yeah that looks like it has had a choke in the past, otherwise they wouldnt be all shiny(worn)

the 4 balancing tubes are caped off unless you have meters hooked up

make sure your carb angles is that of the bike it came off or the aformentioned overflow tubes will be doing mucho work...and no you cant run them back to teh tank ..any restriction will fill ya throttles up with fuel if you have any issues