new clutch, MC to wussy now??

thegreatestben

I've been thinking about how to go about getting the chaser on the road.

Biggest issue is the clutch.

It doesn't disengage fully, despite me buying a new slave cylinder, rekitting the master etc.

The clutch is listed for a hilux, fits in the car perfectly.

I've bled the shit out the whole system and tried machining up longer slave pin.

Is it possible that the hydraulic system isn't displacing enough fluid to fully disengage the pressure plate?

The chap in Aus that recommended the clutch had a hilux with a 1g-gze, and it works fine for him, so i am assuming that maybe Hilux's have a larger diameter bore MC/SC.

Any one else know of this being a problem before?

Hey Boe

Don't know about the chacer but...

The clutch fork should pivot on a bolt with a ball on the end. Or something similar. You should be able to screw this in and out and then lock it in place with a nut. This is used to take up slack in the system as the clutch wears. If the chaseres system works like this you just need to undo/do up (depending on which end, front or back, the fork pivots on). This should allow you to move the fork closer/further to/from the clutch. Therefore allowing it to be ingaged/disengaged more.

Just a shot. Can yor remember when you had it apart?