Ogre AMG 4g

Ogre

i have a webber carb and a mitsi carb sitting round.....mite go see ppl 2day bout it, perhaps when cam goes to get crown.Will see.Gman wasnt keen on getting somone to make one, who knows

and miniman, im not gonna go sidies with my current build, ive bit the bullet and goin with a twin cam AMG 4g63.170hp till 8000rpm on a standard engine, forget internals standard and hollowed, balanced rockers etc, balance the bottom end, alittle porting, headers, quad throttles or carbs and some mean cams should see me wit some decent power and rev ability :)

Mean. Fuck you good man. You should be nearing 250hp with that set up I'd imAgine. How awesome! I reckon go injection aswell if you are going to the effort of building the motor really well and balancing everything etc. Will just make it that much easier to take advantage of those modifications.

But anyway, thats another story. As spence said, Mike-e will be able to get something lasercut for pretty cheap if you can get a CAD design done up. Just a simple paint diagram with dimensions written on should be enough for spence to do the CAD design. Simple as!

gonna see how much they are, from memory they where like $50.

Dont know bout 250hp, but i would rather it be alittle lower in power, but rev better, i want 220hp 10,000rpm + 800kg RWD = awsome damn it.

Dont know bout 250hp, but i would rather it be alittle lower in power, but rev better, i want 220hp 10,000rpm + 800kg RWD = awsome damn it.

Agreed. I have actually seen mivec 1600's make very close to 10,000 before. It wasn't making any power up there but it nearly did it and that was on a lightly modified engine.

I think you should see more power than that, but perhaps the head design isn't that great? Talking flywheel power? My engine makes 136hp out of the box. Opening the exhaust up, a slight port and head clean and quad throttles is supposed to see 160-170. With cams to practicly move the powerband you can see 200 on standard internals.

The next step is what you are going to, which is forged, highcomp pistons. Some kind of rods with decent rod bolts. Steel crank, but standard may be steel and may be fine. Slightly enlarging the valves with new valve springs. Solid lifters to help with large lift and duration cams and also hold together better at high rpm. Those nice large duration and lift cams that make it unable to idle below 2000rpm 8) ultra in coolness. 10lb flywheel and lightened crank pulley to make it rev nice and free. Intake all tune length with 2 sets of staged injectors running off an aftermarket ecu.

With all that done right I would be dissapointed to see anything less than 230hp and a modern 2L twincam should be making more if its all working how it should be. Remember, these engines are capable of making 300hp in NA form :D:D

Easy - with traditional hot-up techniques. The AMG version features new pistons (which raise the compression ratio from 9:1 to 10.4:1), piston oil jets, aggressive camshafts, titanium valve springs, hollow rocker arms, a high-flow exhaust manifold and muffler, dual-stage Cyclone intake manifold and revised engine management. Give it a tank full of high-octane unleaded fuel and the AMG tuned 2-litre (coded 4G63) pumps out 125kW at 6750 rpm and 191Nm at 5000 rpm. This places it squarely between the 103kW Galant GSR and the 148/151kW turbo VR4.

They pretty much just run the vr4 bottom end with high comp pistons, so the rods and shit should be strong as a mother fucker.

thats the standard engine :D

Yeah, see easy peasy. I don't like the sound of the intake they are using though :P Eww and rocker arms, I didn't realise the engines used those. Unsure of how well those will hold up wobbling around at 10,000rpm ?!? Actually should be able to do it. I know of a honda engine that could go up around that speed and it had standard rockers.

That,s good as power from a standard NA. The ca18det is only 130kw standy.

Agree with Toothfairy about the rocker arms tho.. but they are better than standard I guess.

Why didnt you just do this in the first place ya wanker! :lol:

COZ IM NOOB, plus i wanted somthing that was half desent that i could put straight in and roll, plus i already had the engine.Gotta find a AMG 4g63, they not the easiest thing to find.

I seem to remember someone saying that the AMG engines aren't that much better anyway and a standard 4g63 will be piece of piss to find. Make sure you get a mint tight low k's one. I've heard that for high rpm NA builds you need to have a good starting point.

The reason you might as well avoid the AMG ones is because chances are everything that makes it an AMG engine you will be redoing anyway. I'm not 100% on this but I would imagine it to be the case.

I think it was phil that was talking about them. He's like the mitsi encylopedia or something.

edit:

here

and here

lols gaz you sheep

Go turbo 4g

well bottom end wise its just a vr4 engine, can get aftermarket high comp pistons, but from what ive been told its the head where they get there power and revability.....and they are different from the normal N/A 4g63.

As i seid, its a long term thing so no big hurry, the sohc 4g63 i goot now is like 130-40 hp and seems to push the LA along ok, will put webber on and should open her up alittle.

lols gaz you sheep
Go turbo 4g

LOL. I got reasons. After spending money on a decent balance, high comp pissyz and all the other shit to make a NA scream you can have a standard 4g63t bar ECU, injectors and pump making 200kw @ reeyumms and the potential of alot more.. plus will use less gas, be alot more drivable and prob break down less (if the tune is right I guess ya can be safe with both)

Guess ive just been down the route of 1/2 building an NA engine up and then waking up. (even if it was a pinto) When I started all I wanted was twin 45's making a racket, a huge lump and some mint revs. At the end I decided what I actually wanted was power and the easiest way to get there was toyboe.

blah blah blah, talking shit. bored, no uni, should go.

I havnt seen many of the old LA's like Ogres round, especially not with 4gt's. lol.

Mean, epic 20B!

Hells yeah. As has been said many a time, if you want power, go turbo. Simple as that. If you want revs and a nice induction note, go with a newer twincam and NA :)

Old engines are so much cooler, especially twincams but thats when it gets real pricy to get revs and power and you'll probably end up with a mediocre result at the end of the day anyway

Hey cam some of that shit about the AMG engine is wrong.

The bottom end of an AMG engine is NO different to that of the standard high comp 10.4:1 DOHC 4G63 (ie in the facelift VZ-S and VX-S E33A Galant). All the prefacelift E33As had the 145hp engine with 9.5:1 compression ratio.

As above they have hollow rockers and more agressive cams, and possibly titanium springs. They do NOT have the cyclone manifold, infact they have a manifold which looks externally like the Evo 1~3 manifold as it looks nothing like even the N/A or VR-4 manifold.

I have a friend who has not one but FOUR AMG Galants just outside of Napier. He is nuts about them and every one he finds for sale he buys.

He is nuts about them and every one he finds for sale he buys.
lol awesome :rolleyes::P

So the moral of the story Phil, is that the AMG is worth getting or not? Can you build another 4g to be as good or are there parts found only in the AMG one that are worth hunting it down for?