starlet diff

Guest 4age_starlet

Guest 4age_starlet

hey im looking for a stronger diff for my starlet as ill be runing a 4agte very soon is there anything the bolts stright in? i dont realy wnat to go to a hilux one im willing to spend around 500 at this point of time

ae86 diff wont bolt straight in, you need to change the mounts as with a hilux diff.

ae86 diff won't need shortening aslong as you run fwd offset mags, same goes for the early model hilux diffs.

so no differences there, only difference between them is the price and strength:

ae86 diffs sell for around $700 with an open diff head, if you want a diff with an LSD head you'll be paying over $1k probably unless you hunt around for ages. you can pick hilux diffs up for about $200 with open diff heads, and another $200 will get you an LSD unit to bolt in.

a 4agte will blow a ae86 diff head to pieces relatively easy, a hilux diff will last forever. so for half the price and twice the strength, i'd save up and get a hilux diff...you wont get anything that'll handle a 4agte and bolt in for under $500.

Guest 4age_starlet

im have modiges on with flears on. i could go about 15mm on each side wider would any hilux diff fit that?

mates got a kp startlet with 4age, he is running a TRD lsd in it, ill be well over the 500 mark but id say it will be well worth it,

is that on an ae86 diff? they're gay Ive broke axles with a stock bluetop, depends how you drive but I'd go straight to hilux get it shortened do it once do it properly etc. Then you can keep some dish on your rims

i can get a 85 out of a hilux they want 500 is that about right?

Measure it up man. Make sure its going to be an easy fit and that it doesn't need shortening or anything along those lines. That seems a little steep if its open, but at the end of the day, they are only worth what people are willing to pay and it seems everyone is after them at the moment.

You can buy an LSD from an appropriate series diff and stick that in later when funds allow.

Also, I see you are going to be running modgies. I guess these will be around 14" so you'd want to double check just to make sure they fit over the drums of the diff. I can't see it being a problem, but 13's might introduce some issues.

Guest 4age_starlet

bump :D im still cant find a good diff upgrade was going to go with t series but it still to wide :x and i dont want to change wheels.

Jus use what youve got for now.. If ya wanna change ya might aswell go hilux and FWD offset rims.. Lenso RS5's would be macking..

But just run standard for now.. at least till after the show.