Ford 8" diff

Josh

Found a Ford 8" diff a guy has for sale, is shortened to suit a mk1 capri, has no head in it, he wants around $500, is this a good price?

He also has a 8" diff head: richmond gearset mini spooled, its 4.56 ratio. What exactly is a richmond gearset mini spooled? And he wants $450 for that, anyone know if thats worth it etc?

Cheers

Interested...

Can u measure off the inside or outside of the drum where the shock mounts are? Are they one mount on the front on one side and one on the back on the other? Would still need some bits modded on to fit lioke the tramp rods etc. You want $400 i take it

Do you want a hilux diff? Read my post in the worshop tech bit. I think i know where another rn 10-25 diff is. They are 1340mm and bolt straight in pretty much, front loading with heaps of ratios. Just let me know and ill see what i can do for you. Got mine for $150 off trade me. :lol: Awesome

nothin wrong with the old 8in parts are easy to come by and not overly expensive. housing with no head would have to be very good and totally complete with brakes, lines ,brackets etc for $500 prolly more like $3-400 is better. i sold a 3.5 head with mini spool to rich with the lexus capri in chch for $180 i think so $450 for the head is gettin up there. give him a pm cause im sure he's gone to a hilux so it could be 4sale.

dave

yo, Dave's right, that guys asking too much,and I do have an 8 inch all shortened up with 4x108 studs. Im not 100% sure that its the right length but I was told it was used in a mk1 capri. Ive got 2 heads, 2.78 and the locker Dave sold me, was going to rebuild the 3.5 with the open head then decided LSD was the way to go, hilux worked out the cheapest way. Have you thought about shortening up a hilux lsd to a custom length, that way you'll be able to fit those 8" wheels under the guards, I have a feeling the 7's might not fit without a bit of guard or diff work either.

Na havent looked into the hilux thing yet, will look into it, that or just go with the lsd for the atlas diff..not sure.

Is the the 8" one you have all set up with mounts etc for shocks and tramp rods?

nah, the rangi cunt who sold it to me forgt to mention that he'd gas axed the mounts off it after he'd taken the photo for the auction, then freighted it to me. no biggie to buzz them back on, but yeh, time and hassle = gay.