panel beater preparation (56k beware)

mark105

basicly preparing the wagon to goto the rust fixup shop and im keen to do as much of the work as i can. havent got in contact with any places yet and its sunday so most are closed so was keen to know bout how much paint to take off round the rust? or if im just wasting my time all together also.

anyways pic of how much ive taken off so far.

img5806tr2.th.jpg

is it enuf or more or what?

EDIT: updated to thumbnail as fuel complained, check full size pic to see what im talkin bout

My guess would be that since you are returning some sections to bare metal, you'd want to do that to the entire car to avoid a mismatched look when repainted. Thats just going by paint jobs we have done, but I'm not a panel beater so wait for better opinions.

My guess would be that since you are returning some sections to bare metal, you'd want to do that to the entire car to avoid a mismatched look when repainted. Thats just going by paint jobs we have done, but I'm not a panel beater so wait for better opinions.

wasnt gona bare metal the car but was told to take the paint right back where the rust is for the panel beaters so i dunno

restore it completely to stock like it came from the factory as it needs some work to be mint again as you can see from my rust holes. i will do all the usuals, lowered on mags, ice and the likes to make it a nice car to drive then wack toyota T series drive train in with a super charged 5k engine. tryin to do sumthin bit different aye.

lol ben got there late oi, duno bout your mags oi i was thinkin some hotwires might look beter then advanti flashes :P

anyways im all done so any one know of any good panel beaters in hamz? or any one with the gear to do a rust job?

oi you piece i did update the site man, you been stealin my plastic wheels eh.

yeh im finished theres one or 2 places ill leave up to the panel beater to decide on but other wise all done, now i need some way to pay for it.