cunty old engines

pies

pies would be thw guy with hose on fll tit though.

:lol:

I hear ATF down the carb has similar effects. I'd be happier rocking that eh, even then, sketchy and pox.

I've heard of using brake fluid as well... I wouldn't try either.

that carbon's gotta go somewhere hen it falls off... into ring grooves, stuck on valve seats etc etc....

A small fraction probabaly does but 99.99% goes out the exhaust system.

haha, I have never heard of someone running shit down the carb.......

It's an old trick that dates back to the ex WW2 aircraft mechanics that got in to hot rodding. They noticed that the water injected aircraft engines were spotless in the combustion chamber and when they had an engine that kept detonating they'd give it the steam treatment.

There are 2 different theories, carbon has built up so much that it has effectivly increased the CR and/or the carbon is causing hot spots that are pre igniting the fuel.

When I was running water injection on the supercharged setup I did I was amazed when I pulled the head, it looked brand new.

theres a water injection set up right? where do i find out about this? could be good fun to play round with

There's all sorts of water injection setups from vacum systems to fully programable stuff that intergrates with the EFI ecu.

I'll start a thread and put on the links I have...

Awesome, I think I'll give this a test. I had my head off last week and because we only had a night to put it back together I didn't bother cleaning all the filthy carbon off the pistons.

I'll try the water treatment thing a couple of times and see if it cleans it up any. I'll no doubt be pulling the engine apart at a later date.

One of you rangi cunts will probably hook up the windscreen washer bottle and leave it on full squirt down the carby :lol::rolleyes::wink:

Cheers,Chris :twisted:

fuken aws idea! chur! if i leave the soapy shit in there will it clean it better?

The washer bottle is sweet as it limits the flow of water. You'd only be able to hydrolock the engine at idle with the washer bottle.

Soap may help clean it... it will give the exhaust a fresh sent :wink:

Water injection thread here //oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8788

ok just checked the timing. its spot on :( any other suggestions?

Does it have a run on valve/solenoid? ...is that the thing on the carb you fiddled with?

....if not you better warm up the water blaster :wink:

yea probably is. would grab a pic but cbf going back down to garage to get pic. wonder if i can find one on google...

Crap can't see the pic as photobucket is blocked :( ...sounds like it's advance/retard the question is what does it advance and retard... I'd guess the static timing might be the vac advance or mech advance????

Did you set the base timing with the vac advance line disconnected?

What happens if you drive it with the vac advance disconnected?

Also check that the vac advance unit is ok, some times they break or come dissconnected