1300 into a mini...

Guest kornstar

Guest kornstar

Does any one no if a morris 1300 engine will bolt into a 75 clubman? Or even if this is a good conversion?

I have been offerd 2 for 500, both in reasonable condition, one worked a fair bit. The other standard.

Any ideas?

Guest kornstar
I'm still new to these, but I guess you mean the A series Morris engine? i.e 1275?

If so yes, bolt straight in afaik (will be doing mine soon)

hmmm 1300 morris engine = 1275? cool. Not sure either.

I no what engine no. it should be to be a 1275... i couldnt see the no's on the two i have inmind, i coulndt reach them.

fully noob on small engines...

if the output shafts are the same style as yours on the diff then piece of pis

if not, have to change to your gearbox assembly.

make sure your radiator's not blocked. they make alot more heat!

easiest way to tell if it's a 1275 is by the thermostat end of the head. it's quite different, juts out more...

alternatively, look at the engine number tag. first two digits denote the capacity.

84 = 849cc

99 = 998

10 = 1098

12 = 1275

chur

Guest kornstar

new radiator will be on the way. Yeah i no the no.s for the engine size etc just couldnt see them/didnt have any.

How will i no if the out put shafts are the same with out pulling mine apart?

So a morris 1300 is a 1275? $500 for two seems good then.

Guest kornstar

no, Been there for a while by the looks. old as guy with HEAPS of old english stuff. Said if they were any problems, or they were fuct hed sort me out with cashback etc.

Should be good tho i hope.

do what you can to change to pot type, or better still, cooper style steel universals.. rubber crosses fuck out all the time, esp with a bit of power behind them!

kornstar: easy way to tell, if they haven't got the pots still on the output shafts (common practice.easy as pie to pop them out rather than ruin a good cv joint) is that rubber cross style output shafts have a lot more protruding, a coarser spline, lack the circlip which secures the pot joint on, about an inch in from the end, and have thread on the end (the yokes are held on by these)

chur

• 5 months later...