gx71's gx71 Mark II

mikuni

2jz. you rule!!!!!

wish i had that sorta money :(

Not very expensive man, look into it. 2jz-ge can be bought for less than a grand easily because no one wants them. Bolt some relatively cheap 20v throttles on a custom manifold, about $1400 for a link to run it all and you're just about there. Manual parts are expensive, but just the same as any other Toyota 6.

2JZ N/A are pretty cheap as most people dis-regard them and go straight for the turbo JZ engines but at 168kw (at engine) standard the atmo version has enough power for what im wanting to achieve and with W55 and F series rear it should make for a pretty bulletproof driveline..... i hope

Mikuni have you sussed what powerplant you are going to use?

Got the rims off trademe, 14x7, they are in a bit of a sorry state (been on a car sitting in a paddok for awhile), as far as the engine goes I just brought a JZX81 crossmember and mounts and it all bolted straight in,what are your mates plans for his x71? I have always liked the shape of da x71's and x61's, they look badass dumped on little dishys

Ive had a few different ideas for suspension, 1. is get some coilovers from Japan 2. I can get BC's for a dirt chep price so have thought about modifying some to fit 3. is to just make up some custom ones with some king springs and konis. Im leaning towards getting the BC's as it will probably be the cheapest and from all accounts BC's are pretty good quality. Any other thoughts?

hey ive made coilovers for mine buts its turning out to be super expensive, once you buy shocks camber plates etc its its outragous!

Would you look into the cost of a pair of fronts bc for s13 as i think i can make them fit, ive sorted the rear of mine using for seirra wagon springs and trd ae86 shocks.

Would like to know your plans also..

2JZ N/A are pretty cheap as most people dis-regard them and go straight for the turbo JZ engines but at 168kw (at engine) standard the atmo version has enough power for what im wanting to achieve and with W55 and F series rear it should make for a pretty bulletproof driveline..... i hope

Mikuni have you sussed what powerplant you are going to use?

Kind of, but still sussing things out. Unfortunately its not toyota or 6 cylinder. The 2j is just far too heavy for a small car.