SX60 Suspension

pies

so im getting to the stage where im going to have to fix the suspension in the MKII.

can anyone help me out on options? its gonna be as low as possible, talked to chamberlin springs and they said $80 per pair for compressing factory springs and around double to custom make.

does anyone know of a company that will do pre made? king springs dont ive tried them.

also, anyone know of any shortened shocks that will fit?

i was in the same boat as you.nobody made well anything for my car :lol:

i didn't want to spend money compressing factory old springs,when theres the option to order specific NEW springs that are perfect.

so yes,custom

as for shocks,you might be able to get away with stock ones.depending how low you go

failing that:shorter shocks are plentiful,any suspension place can have them

thats what i was thinkin... right... off to pick a part to get sum springs hehehe

Huh? Why, if you're going custom? Don't bother compressing stando springs, its shit.

I think the x60 still used the mcpherson strut front and coil rear setup. The front doesn't go that low, it tends to hit on the bumps quite quickly, but as far as shortened inserts go that shouldn't be a problem. Try aftermarket ae86 ones. I had a mx30 and a tt141 corona and I'm pretty sure the ae86 inserts fit in both of them from memory. They will hold the front spring nice and captive. Rears won't be a problem either, just mark on the shock how short you need them to be, then pull them out and take them to a suspension outlet (not supercheap or ripco) and they will find something suitable.