cortina mk3/4 front stub axle

Guest jps

Can anyone help please , are cortina mk3 and cortina mk4

front stub axles the same and interchangable.

also any 5 stud falcon hubs that bolt on to them?

Cheers James

yup mk3 zeph had em on my mk2. if you could find a TE aussie mk5 4.1 swap the whole front suspension and redrill it for falc 5 stud as they are already vented. the prob with zeph hubs is that they have a small centre locator and any late model falc wheels have the large hole so all the weights on the studs. some wof guys and certifyers frown upon that

yup mk3 zeph had em on my mk2. if you could find a TE aussie mk5 4.1 swap the whole front suspension and redrill it for falc 5 stud as they are already vented. the prob with zeph hubs is that they have a small centre locator and any late model falc wheels have the large hole so all the weights on the studs. some wof guys and certifyers frown upon that

yeah, although the zephyr hubs fit my car I'm not using them, way too flimsy lookin. falcon hubs are fairly adaptable, I cant see any reason why they couldnt have the bearing diameters sleeved and recessed to fit a cortina.

f you could find a TE aussie mk5 4.1 swap the whole front suspension and redrill it for falc 5 stud as they are already vented.

ive got front stub axles/hubs/discs/brake off a aussie mk4 with the vented discs and gonna chuck them on my mk5. just interested in what you know about redrilling them to another stud pattern, as i might look into it cause 4x108 is hell trying to find decent mags for. also what do you know about changing the stud pattern on the rear, ive got a diff/housing off the same aussie mk4 with drums.

a decent engineer shouldnt have any probs redrilling to falc stud pattern

Only problem is that at least one of the holes will have to be plugged up, it is 100% illegal to take a welder to any form of SG cast type hub, so it'll have to be A plugged (tapered threaded pin), of which im not sure is legal on a hub either.