Hilux/hiace diffs once again

Gaz

OK dokie.

Got my hiace dual wheel axles and diff head. (6stud)

Got my hilux housing with axles (6stud)

The axles from the hilux wont fit the head from the hiace. I had been told they would. is there differant splines for differant models? I want to buy an LSD head but need to know what to look for.. or what vehicle etc.

Also the actual head from the hiace doesnt wanna fit in the housing from the hilux. Is it usually a tight fit for the hilux diffs to go in?

On a good note. It looks like the differance in length is determined by the axles not the housing. Which means... I dont have to shorten my housing at all. I can get the right width (1350, or actually 1340 if i wanted) using the hiace axles with the hilux housing... If I can get them in..

So yeah, tell me about hilux/hiace splines and heads.

Go..

cheers

Im not sure what code it is. Might try find some pics or some way of identifing on google.

I supose I half assumed itd fit as my mate has a hilux LSD in his hiace. The guy I brought it off did say a hilux head will fit tho.

Wonder if there were any hiace LSD heads then?

Wicked ill measure tommorow. Ill also put pics up of where it is catching meaning it wont go in.

Also brought a hilux housing and LSD hwead out of a 1993 2500 deisel RWD hilux today. $200 so im happy especially since it came with a spare LSD head.. 8)

Pity the short hiace axles wont go into the hilux LSD as they are to small/diff flange..

Also those diff codes are all the wazoo. I have seen them many places all over the net in last few days... So when buying this hilux diff today I checked the tags.. The 4 digits the website talks of to tell ratio etc is only 3 digits on my tag... hence no number to tell me if the head was LSD or not.

Got it home and pulled head out and it is LSD!!!

Wouldnt trust everything on the net

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...