Restudding Hilux diffs

Bistro

i had a little search but it didnt give me what i was looking for. that is, i know many people restud them to 4 stud, but im totally at a loss as i heard the smallest roughly able to go whilst still using one of the original studs is 114.3. is this true, and is there anyway to get around this to run a 4x108 pattern.

cheers fullas.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

eh, just push out the old studs, weld up the holes, machine back the welds, chuck it in a mill clock up central to the spigot then drill 4 brand spankin new ones, guess thats common sense though, just depends if theres room on the back of the hub flange for the studs being closer to the axle without fouling on the radius. My mate had his hilux diff converted to honda stud pattern, (whatever that is) i doubt ford is smaller.

haha pick apart dont have any diffs in any of the toyota vans no more. :lol: Dunno if the vans came LSD anywho.

Heat treated axles should be sweet as. But blowing axles isnt too bad. Better than blowing the diff. And at least for $1200 you get a brand spanking new diff.